Here are Twelve Reasons to talk about MONEY
- Deuteronomy 8:18 The Lord gives us the power to get wealth
- Book of Joshua Achan brought judgment on Israel because of money
- The Prophet Balaam fell because of money
- Gehazi, Elisha’s steward became a leper because of his lust for money
- Psalm 75:6,7 shows us that “promotion” comes from the Lord
- One out of every six verses in the NT relate to money
- Matthew 6:19-34 tells us that we are to “seek the Kingdom first” and all material things shall be added unto us
- Jesus said in Luke 6:38 “Give and it shall be given unto you…”
- Almost half of the Parables of the Lord deal with money
- The only Apostle to fall did because so because of money (Judas); this was the 1st recorded sin in the Book of Acts
- The first Christians to be judged by God in the NT; Annanias and Saphira, were judged for lying about money
- Romans 12:11 tells us not to be lazy with financial matters
Death, leprosy, power and promotion, treason… and the list goes on.
Ecclesiastes 7:11-12 (NLT) Wisdom is even better when you have money. Both are a benefit as you go through life. Wisdom and money can get you almost anything, but only wisdom can save your life.
Look at what Solomon said in Ecclesiastes 10:19 “Bread is made for laughter, and wine gladdens life, and money talks.”
So, if as Solomon says; “Money talks”, what is it saying to you?